Psalms Chapter 106
1. Hallelujah! O give thanks to the Lord; for he is good; for his loving kindness endures for ever!
2. Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? Who can declare all his praise?
3. Happy are those who maintain justice, and he who does righteousness at all times!
4. Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people. O visit me with your salvation!
5. That I may see the good of your chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation, that I may glory with your inheritance!
6. We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedly!
7. Our fathers, when they were in Egypt, did not understand your wonders; they did not remember the multitude of your deeds of loving kindness; and they rebelled against you at the sea, the Red Sea!
8. But he saved them for his name’s sake, that he might make known his mighty power!
9. And he rebuked the Red Sea, and it was dried up; so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness!
10. And he saved them from the hand of him who hated them, and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy!
11. And the waters covered their enemies; there was not one of them left!
12. Then they believed his words; they sang his praise!
13. They soon forgot his works; they did not wait for his counsel;
14. But they had wanton cravings in the wilderness, and put God to the test in the desert!
15. And he gave them what they asked; but sent leanness into their soul!
16. And they envied Moses in the camp, and Aaron the holy one of the Lord!
17. The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram!
18. And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked!
19. They made a calf in Horeb, and worshipped the molten image!
20. Thus they changed their glory for the likeness of an ox that eats grass!
21. They forgot God who had saved them, who had done great things in Egypt;
22. Wondrous works in the land of Ham, and awesome things by the Red Sea!
23. Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses, his chosen one, stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them!
24. And they despised the pleasant land, they did not believe his word;
25. And they murmured in their tents, and did not listen to the voice of the Lord!
26. And he lifted up his hand against them, to make them fall in the wilderness;
27. And to make their seed fall among the nations, and to scatter them in the lands!
28. And they joined themselves to Baal-Peor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead!
29. Thus they provoked him to anger with their wrong doings; and the plague broke out upon them!
30. Then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment; and so the plague was stayed!
31. And that was counted to him for righteousness to all generations for evermore!
32. And they angered him at the waters of Meribah, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes,
33. Because they angered his spirit, so that he spoke rashly with his lips!
34. They did not destroy the nations, concerning whom the Lord commanded them;
35. But they mingled among the nations, and learned to do what they did;
36. And they served their idols; which became a snare to them!
37. And they sacrificed their sons and their daughters to idols,
38. And shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and of their daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; and the land was polluted with blood!
39. Thus were they defiled with their own works, and played the harlot in their doings!
40. And the wrath of the Lord was kindled against his people, and he loathed his own heritage!
41. And he gave them into the hand of the nations; and those who hated them ruled over them!
42. And their enemies oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand!
43. Many times he saved them; but they were rebellious in their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity!
44. Nevertheless, when he heard their cry, he regarded their affliction;
45. And he remembered for them his covenant, and relented according to the abundance of his loving kindness!
46. And he caused them to be pitied by all those who held them captive!
47. Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, and to triumph in your praise!
48. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting; and let all the people say, Amen. Hallelujah!
א הַֽלְלוּיָהּ | הוֹדוּ לַיהֹוָה כִּי־טוֹב כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּֽוֹ
: ב מִי יְמַלֵּל גְּבוּרוֹת יְהֹוָה יַשְׁמִיעַ כָּל־תְּהִלָּתֽוֹ
: ג אַשְׁרֵי שֹׁמְרֵי מִשְׁפָּט עֹשֵׂה צְדָקָה בְכָל־עֵֽת
: ד זָכְרֵנִי יְהֹוָה בִּרְצוֹן עַמֶּךָ פָּקְדֵנִי בִּישׁוּעָתֶֽךָ
: ה לִרְאוֹת | בְּטוֹבַת בְּחִירֶיךָ לִשְׂמֹחַ בְּשִׂמְחַת גּוֹיֶךָ לְהִתְהַלֵּל עִם־נַֽחֲלָתֶֽךָ
: ו חָטָאנוּ עִם־אֲבוֹתֵינוּ הֶעֱוִינוּ הִרְשָֽׁעְנוּ
: ז אֲבוֹתֵינוּ בְמִצְרַיִם | לֹא־הִשְׂכִּילוּ נִפְלְאוֹתֶיךָ לֹא זָכְרוּ אֶת־רֹב חֲסָדֶיךָ וַיַּמְרוּ עַל־יָם בְּיַם־סֽוּף
: ח וַֽיּוֹשִׁיעֵם לְמַעַן שְׁמוֹ לְהוֹדִיעַ אֶת־גְּבוּרָתֽוֹ
: ט וַיִּגְעַר בְּיַם־סוּף וַֽיֶּחֱרָב וַיּוֹלִיכֵם בַּתְּהֹמוֹת כַּמִּדְבָּֽר
: י וַֽיּוֹשִׁיעֵם מִיַּד שׂוֹנֵא וַיִּגְאָלֵם מִיַּד אוֹיֵֽב
: יא וַיְכַסּוּ־מַיִם צָרֵיהֶם אֶחָד מֵהֶם לֹא נוֹתָֽר
: יב וַיַּֽאֲמִינוּ בִדְבָרָיו יָשִׁירוּ תְּהִלָּתֽוֹ
: יג מִֽהֲרוּ שָׁכְחוּ מַֽעֲשָׂיו לֹֽא־חִכּוּ לַֽעֲצָתֽוֹ
: יד וַיִּתְאַוּוּ תַֽאֲוָה בַּמִּדְבָּר וַיְנַסּוּ־אֵל בִּֽישִׁימֽוֹן
: טו וַיִּתֵּן לָהֶם שֶׁאֱלָתָם וַיְשַׁלַּח רָזוֹן בְּנַפְשָֽׁם
: טז וַיְקַנְאוּ לְמֹשֶׁה בַּֽמַּֽחֲנֶה לְאַֽהֲרֹן קְדוֹשׁ יְהֹוָֽה
: יז תִּפְתַּח־אֶרֶץ וַתִּבְלַע דָּתָן וַתְּכַס עַל־עֲדַת אֲבִירָֽם
: יח וַתִּבְעַר־אֵשׁ בַּֽעֲדָתָם לֶהָבָה תְּלַהֵט רְשָׁעִֽים
: יט יַֽעֲשׂוּ־עֵגֶל בְּחֹרֵב וַיִּשְׁתַּֽחֲווּ לְמַסֵּכָֽה
: כ וַיָּמִירוּ אֶת־כְּבוֹדָם בְּתַבְנִית שׁוֹר אֹכֵל עֵֽשֶׂב
: כא שָׁכְחוּ אֵל מוֹשִׁיעָם עֹשֶׂה גְדֹלוֹת בְּמִצְרָֽיִם
: כב נִפְלָאוֹת בְּאֶרֶץ חָם נוֹרָאוֹת עַל־יַם־סֽוּף
: כג וַיֹּאמֶר לְֽהַשְׁמִידָם לוּלֵי משֶׁה בְחִירוֹ עָמַד בַּפֶּרֶץ לְפָנָיו לְהָשִׁיב חֲמָתוֹ מֵֽהַשְׁחִֽית
: כד וַֽיִּמְֽאֲסוּ בְּאֶרֶץ חֶמְדָּה לֹֽא־הֶאֱמִינוּ לִדְבָרֽוֹ
: כה וַיֵּרָגְנוּ בְאָהֳלֵיהֶם לֹא שָׁמְעוּ בְּקוֹל יְהֹוָֽה
: כו וַיִּשָּׂא יָדוֹ לָהֶם לְהַפִּיל אוֹתָם בַּמִּדְבָּֽר
: כז וּלְהַפִּיל זַרְעָם בַּגּוֹיִם וּלְזָרוֹתָם בָּֽאֲרָצֽוֹת
: כח וַיִּצָּמְדוּ לְבַעַל פְּעוֹר וַיֹּאכְלוּ זִבְחֵי מֵתִֽים
: כט וַיַּכְעִיסוּ בְּמַֽעַלְלֵיהֶם וַתִּפְרָץ־בָּם מַגֵּפָֽה
: ל וַיַּֽעֲמֹד פִּֽינְחָס וַיְפַלֵּל וַתֵּעָצַר הַמַּגֵּפָֽה
: לא וַתֵּחָשֶׁב לוֹ לִצְדָקָה לְדֹר וָדֹר עַד־עוֹלָֽם
: לב וַיַּקְצִיפוּ עַל־מֵי מְרִיבָה וַיֵּרַע לְמֹשֶׁה בַּֽעֲבוּרָֽם
: לג כִּֽי־הִמְרוּ אֶת־רוּחוֹ וַיְבַטֵּא בִּשְׂפָתָֽיו
: לד לֹֽא־הִשְׁמִידוּ אֶת־הָֽעַמִּים אֲשֶׁר אָמַר יְהֹוָה לָהֶֽם
: לה וַיִּתְעָרְבוּ בַגּוֹיִם וַיִּלְמְדוּ מַֽעֲשֵׂיהֶֽם
: לו וַיַּעַבְדוּ אֶת־עֲצַבֵּיהֶם וַיִּהְיוּ לָהֶם לְמוֹקֵֽשׁ
: לז וַיִּזְבְּחוּ אֶת־בְּנֵיהֶם וְאֶת־בְּנֽוֹתֵיהֶם לַשֵּֽׁדִים
: לח וַיִּֽשְׁפְּכוּ דָם נָקִי דַּם־בְּנֵיהֶם וּבְנֽוֹתֵיהֶם אֲשֶׁר זִבְּחוּ לַֽעֲצַבֵּי כְנָעַן וַתֶּחֱנַף הָאָרֶץ בַּדָּמִֽים
: לט וַיִּטְמְאוּ בְמַֽעֲשֵׂיהֶם וַיִּזְנוּ בְּמַֽעַלְלֵיהֶֽם
: מ וַיִּֽחַר־אַף יְהֹוָה בְּעַמּוֹ וַיְתָעֵב אֶת־נַֽחֲלָתֽוֹ
: מא וַיִּתְּנֵם בְּיַד־גּוֹיִם וַיִּמְשְׁלוּ בָהֶם שׂנְאֵיהֶֽם
: מב וַיִּלְחָצוּם אוֹיְבֵיהֶם וַיִּכָּנְעוּ תַּחַת יָדָֽם
: מג פְּעָמִים רַבּוֹת יַצִּילֵם וְהֵֽמָּה יַמְרוּ בַֽעֲצָתָם וַיָּמֹכּוּ בַּֽעֲוֹנָֽם
: מד וַיַּרְא בַּצַּר לָהֶם בְּשָׁמְעוֹ אֶת־רִנָּתָֽם
: מה וַיִּזְכֹּר לָהֶם בְּרִיתוֹ וַיִּנָּחֵם כְּרֹב חֲֽסָדָֽו [חֲֽסָדָֽיו]
: מו וַיִּתֵּן אוֹתָם לְרַֽחֲמִים לִפְנֵי כָּל־שׁוֹבֵיהֶֽם
: מז הוֹשִׁיעֵנוּ | יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ וְקַבְּצֵנוּ מִן־הַגּוֹיִם לְהֹדוֹת לְשֵׁם קָדְשֶׁךָ לְהִשְׁתַּבֵּחַ בִּתְהִלָּתֶֽךָ
: מח בָּרוּךְ־יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל מִן־הָעוֹלָם | וְעַד הָעוֹלָם וְאָמַר כָּל־הָעָם אָמֵן הַֽלְלוּיָֽהּ